Understanding ConvexHull

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I am glad that I came across MIConvexHull project and must say this looks very promising. We have been using Matlab's meshpts function to get the connectivity matrix of convex hull of some set of points. My target is to have similar convex hull algorithm in C# that produces the same matrix for those points.

I tried using the ConvexHull.Create(double[][] vertices) method of MIConvexHull to get the results, but this doesn't give me the same number of faces as given by matlab. It is way too low than matlab's result.

I understand matlab's definition of convex hull but I guess, I am not understanding what convex hull means in MIConvexHull. If I have all vertices of a convex object ( of which, I am certain), shouldn't the faces comprising this object obtained from convex hull algorithm be the same for both the methods?

Thank you in advance.

Athiti

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I figured out where my problem was. I wasn't comparing the outputs with the same inputs ( missed some processing in between). Now, I am getting same results and the processing time for MIConvexHull is indeed faster than matlab. This is great!! Thanks again guys.