Vertices' Normals

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I'm using the MIConvexHull library and must say it is awesome !
I'm not so good with C# programmation but managed to get a convex hull out of my dataset using this code.
However I am not trying now find the convexHull vertices' normals. I mean by that a vector on a particular vertex that points outside the convex hull and whose length and direction are computated trought a weighted mean from the adjacent faces (triangles) normal vectors and the angle of those faces at this particular vertice (like patchnormals for MATLAB does).

Is this information already available in MIConvexHull? Is there an easy way to find all the faces related to a partiacular vertex?

Thanks in advance !

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Thanks for your message. I just happened by and saw you post. I am a bit rusty on how the code is organized, so I will look if to see if what you want is possible.

My guess is it is not readily available, but as you point out - if the data-structures are easily connected, one could extract that information. Just one clarification: you want the normal at a vertex or an edge? Well, given that you never mention edge, I assume you do mean the vertex. But is probable that we would get to the connecting edge and from here to the connecting faces.